Imphal: The death toll due to coronavirus in Manipur climbed to 67 with two more patients succumbing to the virus, while 237 fresh cases of COVID-19 were reported on Wednesday. The total number of positive cases now stands at 10,983.
As per the latest health bulletin, two male patients, aged 41 and 58 years, from Thoubal and Imphal West districts expired at Shija Hospital in Imphal. They were undergoing treatment at the hospital for COVID-19 infection.
Meanwhile, a total of 31 new cases were reported from the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) and 206 persons, including 85 female, from the general population.
The latest cases were detected from Imphal West (60), Imphal East (61), Bishnupur (4), Senapati (4), Churachandpur (5), Tengnoupal (3), Noney (23), Thoubal (19), Tamenglong (12), Chandel (10) and Jiribam (5).
Only seven infected persons are returnees and while the rest are locally transmitted cases, it said.
Meanwhile, with 421 persons declared as cured from COVID-19, the total recovered cases have increased to 8,460 and another 2,456 remained as active cases. The recovery rate is 77.02 per cent.
Also, as per the latest SoP issued on September 19, all asymptomatic positive persons who are currently undergoing treatment at various COVID-19 care centers will be discharge after 10 days without showing symptoms of the contagious virus.
There will be no retest before discharge and they will be sent home for further seven days for self-isolation and self-monitor his/her health, said additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
- The strategic importance of Sela Pass Tunnel for the Indian Army
- IPL 2021: Commentators’ traditional outfits set off meme-gala
- Islamic State claims mosque bombing in south Afghanistan
- Dravid ‘The Wall’ returns: Team India in best hands say fans
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 16
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 16