A gangster who was being brought to Lucknow from Mumbai, died when the vehicle he was being transported in overturned after hitting a nilgai in Madhya Pradesh’s Guna district on Sunday.
A UP police team had gone to Mumbai on Friday to arrest Feroz Khan who was charged under the Gangsters Act, from Nallasopara area of Palghar district in Maharashtra.
The accident happened on Sunday morning at the Gwalior-Betul national Highway near Pakhriapura toll in Chanchoda area; 150 km north of Bhopal.
Sujit Pandey, Lucknow Police Commissioner, said that the rear of the vehicle was hit by a nilgai after which it overturned. Khan suffered severe injuries and died on the way to the hospital informed Pandey.
In the accident, four people including two police personnel were also injured. The commissioner said that they were discharged on Monday. Khan, a resident of Bahraich district in Uttar Pradesh, had several cases, including ones under the Gangsters Act registered against him. The dead body of the gangster has been sent to Bhopal for post-mortem.
- Dravid ‘The Wall’ returns: Team India in best hands say fans
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 16
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 16
- Manipur woman found dead in Gurgaon under mysterious circumstances
- World Food Day 2021: History, significance & this year’s theme
- Northeast lost 5-14% of canopy cover in 20 years, Assam on top: Study