Kohima: One more COVID-19 patient from Nagaland succumbed to COVID-19 on Monday taking the death toll in the state to 12. The new casualty reported from the state’s capital Kohima.
Besides the 12 confirmed COVID-19 deaths, five deaths are COVID-19 positive but not due to COVID-19. Among these 17 deaths, 14 are from Kohima, two are from Mon, and one is from Kohima. Another two deaths are still under investigation.
The state’s COVID-19 tally in neared the 5000-mark as another 11 fresh cases of COVID-19 were detected in the state on Monday. The total number of COVID-19 positive cases in Nagaland spiked to 5,957.
Among the new cases, three each are frontline workers, returnees and persons through traced contacts. The remaining two are security forces from Kohima.
Among the traced contacts, two are from Kohima, and one is from Dimapur. Among the frontline workers, two are from Kohima, and one is from Tuensang. The remaining three returnees are all from Tuensang.
Out of the total confirmed cases in the state, 2801 are security personnel, 1482 are returnees, 1334 are persons through traced contacts, and 340 are frontline workers.
Another 47 patients–45 from Kohima and two from Dimapur also recovered from COVID-19 on Monday. The COVID-19 status in the state as on Monday is:
As per the severity of symptoms among the active cases, 964 are asymptomatic, 30 are mild symptomatic, seven from Dimapur are moderate, and one from Dimapur is critical and on ventilator.
- Under Taliban, thriving Afghan music scene heads to silence
- Death toll due to dengue in UP’s Firozabad rises to 63
- Vital Signs: a simple way to cut carbon emissions don’t let polluters hide
- Lawyers abstain from work a day after shootout at Rohini court
- Kerala to open digital de-addiction centres for children addicted to online games
- APDCL cash-for-job scam: OSD among 11 people arrested