Imphal: The much-awaited portfolios of the newly sworn-in five ministers in the N Biren Singh-led coalition government in Manipur were announced on Sunday.
The allocation of portfolios for the newly inducted ministers was issued by Manipur Governor Najma Helptulla on the advised of chief minister N Biren Singh.
BJP MLA Sorokhaibam Rajen Singh of Lamshang constituency has given charge of education, fisheries and CADA departments and MLA Thokchom Satyabrata of Yaiskul has assigned consumer affairs, food & public distribution, law & legislative affairs, labour and employment.
Tribal affairs & hills, transport and GAD portfolio was given to BJP MLA Vungzagin Valte from Thanlon A/C of Churachandpur district.
Ex-MLA Okram Henry Singh has been allotted for MAHUD, social welfare, corporation, wherein Oinam Lukhoi Singh has been given charge for agriculture, veterinary & animal husbandry, tourism departments.
The Congress Legislature Party (CLP) leader Okram Ibobi Singh’s nephew Henry Singh and Lukhoi Singh had quit the Opposition Congress party and joined BJP recently.
Moreover, some crucial departments, including Home, Personnel, Planning and all the other portfolios do not assign to his council of ministers have been allocated to CM Biren Singh.
- Assam Pavilion bags silver medal at IITF Delhi
- What’s needed to educate boys about gender violence
- 13 new hydel projects to boost Arunachal energy sector: Power minister
- Meghalaya: ‘Cake Mixing Ceremony’ ushers in festive mood
- Delhi man’s 21,000 KM blood donation walk reaches Nagaland
- Manipur’s Hongmanh to have memorial park on Naga leader