Guwahati: The Guwahati traffic police has won the hearts of Twitterati for clamping a police vehicle over parking in a ‘no parking’ zone, said reports.
Twitter was abuzz on Saturday after the traffic department posted a photo of the vehicle with the caption, “Equality before law.”
The police vehicle’s wheel was clamped in the Bamunimaidam area of Guwahati.
Amply proving that no one is above the law, the post has indeed made a strong statement.
The reactions of Twitterati were ones to look out for, as many were split between the police doing a good job and the police just posting a picture for showing off.
A user wrote, “Gud job. Guwahati police won hearts since last few months. In every department there will be people who makes mistakes but that doesn’t mean we will criticize entire department. Guwahati Police is becoming better and better day by day.”
Yet another user had a different view altogether as he writes, “Just for picture .. Nije logai nije click korise very funny… Maximum xomoy police gari no parking, double parking thake.. Aru police or minister escort vehicle rash driving kore .. Tetiya dekhun nimaat hoi thake @assampolice. (Just for a picture… Its very funny that they themselves put the clamp for a picture… For maximum time Police cars stop in no parking or double parking area. And they even do rush driving while escorting ministers…Why do they go mute then)”
- Fabindia’s ‘Jashn-e-Riwaaz’ sparks controversy, Netizens allege ‘Abrahamisation’ of Diwali
- Manipur: Police seize arms, ammunition & drugs worth Rs 40 lakh
- Mary Kom to skip National Women’s Boxing Championships
- NESFB Guwahati has 133 vacancies. Details here
- Dera chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim sentenced to life
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for October 18