Kohima: COVID-19 cases in Nagaland continued to spike as another 94 cases of COVID-19 were detected, taking the state’s tally to 5,862.
Among the new cases, 66 traced contacts, 21 security personnel, and seven returnees tested positive for COVID-19. Out of the traced persons, 47 are from Kohima, 16 are from Dimapur, two are from Mokokchung and one is from Mon.
Among the security personnel, 20 are from Dimapur and one is from Kohima. Among the returnees, three each are from Kohima and Dimapur and one is from Phek.
Taking to Twitter, health minister S Pangnyu Phom informed that another 89 patients recovered from COVID-19 on Saturday. Among the new recovered cases, 65 are from Dimapur and 24 are from Kohima.
“Out of 574 results received 94 +ve cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed. 51 in Kohima, 39 in Dimapur, 2 in Mokokchung & 1 each in Mon and Phek.
Also, State reports 89 recoveries of COVID-19 patients. 65 from Dimapur & 24 from Kohima,” the minister tweeted.
The COVID-19 status as on Saturday is:
As per the severity of symptoms among the active cases, 1001 are asymptomatic, 21 are mild symptomatic, three are moderate symptomatic and two are critical in ICU on ventilator.
Besides the 11 cnagalandonfirmed COVID-19 deaths, five deaths are COVID-19 positive but not due to COVID-19 and another two deaths are under investigation.
- Manipur CM Biren Singh shows off football skills in friendly match
- Saree: Netizens wreak havoc on Delhi restaurant for denying woman entry
- Assam Jobs: KGBV Baksa announces teacher vacancies. Details here
- NASA restructures Human spaceflight unit as pvt space industry expands
- KFC in Sikkim: Interesting facts about the chicken with ‘secret ingredient’
- SC allows women to take NDA exam in Nov, says entry can’t be postponed