Aizawl: At least 49 people, including 42 security personnel, have tested positive for novel coronavirus in Mizoram in the last 24 hours, taking the state’s COVID-19 caseload to 1,835, an official said.
Of the 42 security personnel, 27 were among Assam Rifles personnel posted in Aizawl and 15 were Border Security Force (BSF) jawans stationed in Aizawl and Serchhip districts, the official said.
Apart from them, five state residents and two outsiders — a worker of Border Road Organisation (BRO) and manual worker or master-craftsmen — working under Assam Rifles in Aizawl, have also tested positive for the virus, he said.
Of the 49 new cases, 38 were reported from Aizawl district, eight from Serchhip district, two from Lawngtlai district and one case was reported from Lunglei district in the southern part of the state.
Three persons were diagnosed through positive contact during contact tracing in Aizawl, the official said.
All the patients were asymptomatic, he said.
The total number of active cases now stands at 546 while 1,289 people have already recovered from the virus, according to state health department.
The recovery rate has dropped to 70.27 per cent from 72.18 per cent on Friday, it said.
A total of 70,483 samples have been tested till Friday evening, of which 2.61 per cent tested positive for Covid-19.
The tribal state has not reported any Covid-19 fatality till date.
- Mizoram poll watchdog seeks action over model code violation
- Mizoram: Fourth consecutive day with under 1,000 fresh Covid-19 cases
- Arunachal: Bike thief, five others arrested from Seppa
- Aizawl-Shillong among six air routes flagged off in NE
- Tripura TMC members gherao police station over attack on youth leader
- Fabindia’s ‘Jashn-e-Riwaaz’ sparks controversy, Netizens allege ‘Abrahamisation’ of Diwali