Shillong: When the news emerged of a uranium effluent tank leaking at Nongbah Jynrin in South West Khasi Hills District of Meghalaya, it raised concerns whether mining activities were taking place or not. There were other concerns like how hazardous this could be for the people living downstream.
- Hornbill Festival: Akashvani showcases vintage radio equipment
- Assam: Mahura Weaves opens showroom at Guwahati’s Roodraksh Mall
- Cong ignored spirit of anti-BJP alliance in state polls: Ex-Tripura CM
- Nagaland’s Keneilelie Sorünuo wins Silver in National Bodybuilding C’ship
- Digitised records from wildlife centres show how humans harm wild animals
- Mizoram: ZPM promises zero tolerance against corruption