The pair of tuskers came out in search of food when they came in contact with a live electrical wire Credit: EastMojo Image

Guwahati: Two wild elephants got electrocuted after coming in contact with a live electrical wire at the Rani forest reserve in Assam’s Kamrup district on Saturday.

According to a forest official, the elephant duo were a usual sight in the area and were seen moving out of the peripheral forests in search for food. On Saturday morning, as they came out looking for food when one of the elephants while trying to uproot a bamboo tree touched a live wire with its trunk.

Also Read: Assam: AIIMS specialist to oversee treatment of ex-CM Tarun Gogoi

The body of the two tuskers have been recovered from the area and have been shifted by forest officials for postmortem

Also Read: Assam: 43 ‘paan masala’ brands contain cancer-causing chemicals

The other elephant also came in contact with the electrical wire while trying to save its companion, the official said.

The body of the two tuskers have been recovered from the area and have been shifted by forest officials for postmortem.



Latest Stories

Leave a comment

Leave a comment