In a bizarre incident, Vietnam police seized over 345,000 used condoms which had been cleaned and resold as new, state media reported.
VTV, a local media reported this week with footage of confiscated bags that weighed over 360kg from a warehouse that was recently raided in the southern Binh Duong province.
A woman who is believed to be the owner of the warehouse was arrested. The acused admitted to the police that she boiled the condoms in water, dried them and reshaped them on a wooden phallus. They were then repackaged and resold.
VTV in its report did not mention how many of the recycled condoms were already sold. The accused received $ 0.17 for every kilo of recycled condoms.
- Sheikh Hasina orders immediate action against those who incited violence using religion
- VHP stages protest in West Bengal, Assam over attacks on minorities in Bangladesh
- Northeast to be developed as India’s bio-economic hub: Jitendra Singh
- Sikkim logs 27 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- IIT-Delhi to offer BTech course in Energy Engineering from 2021 academic session
- Liquor worth Rs 720 crore sold in Bengal during Durga Puja