Imphal: Manipur on Friday saw one more coronavirus-related death, while 254 new cases of COVID-19 we’re reported. With this, the total positive cases have gone up to 9,791 and death toll to 63.
The latest victim was a 55-year-old woman from Bishnupur district, said additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
As per the latest health bulletin, the fresh infected cases reported from the general population are 196 with 114 male and 82 female, whereas 58 personnel belong to the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF).
In the last 24 hours, Imphal West registered the highest fresh cases with 127; Imphal East with 13, including one returnee, Churachandpur and Bishnupur with four traced contacts and one returnee.
Another 12 more cases were detected in Thoubal and Kakching each, seven from Tamenglong and six in Tengnoupal district. The least number of fresh cases were detected in Ukhrul with two and Kangpokpi at one.
Also, another 233 persons were discharged after getting cured from the infection. Now, the total number of recovered cases has gone up to 7,602, including 2,126 active cases.
As on September 25, the recovery rate from the virus is 77.64 per cent.
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 20
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 20
- Assam health min holds talks with agitating doctors
- Mizoram: Former BJP spokesperson Lalhriatrenga Chhangte joins Congress
- No COVID death in Assam for first time since second wave struck
- Odisha teacher kidnapping case: Charred body of suspected victim found; key accused held