Kokrajhar: Demanding that the elections for the Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) should to be held in the month of October, members and supporters of the Bodoland People’s Front (BPF) took out a protest rally here on Friday.
BFP president Hagrama Mohilary and many other senior leader of the party took part in the rally, which was flagged off at the party head office here, and proceeded through the JD Road to reach DC office here.
The party members also submitted a memorandum to the DC, Kokrajhar urging state governor to hold BTAD elections in the month of October.
Addressing media persons, Mohilary said that the state governor should hold the Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) elections in the month of October to maintain the faith of people in democracy.
“If the authorities concerned can declare the dates of the Bihar elections, then why they have failed to hold elections in the Bodoland Territorial Region (BTR). We want BTC election to be held in the month of October to pay way for healthy democracy in the region,” the former BTC chief said.
He also termed the renaming of BTR in place of the existing BTC a violation of model code of conduct in the council.
- 10 ULB militants arrested in Assam
- Lakhs of crores of rupees donated to PM-CARES, where is that money, asks Mamata
- Assam: More DNLA cadre come overground after signing accord
- Assam CM to move Gauhati HC for judicial inquiry into Sipajhar violence
- Home-grown artisans showcase creativity at 2nd Nagaland handmade jewellery exhibition
- China declares all cryptocurrency transactions illegal