Kokrajhar: Demanding that the elections for the Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) should to be held in the month of October, members and supporters of the Bodoland People’s Front (BPF) took out a protest rally here on Friday.
BFP president Hagrama Mohilary and many other senior leader of the party took part in the rally, which was flagged off at the party head office here, and proceeded through the JD Road to reach DC office here.
The party members also submitted a memorandum to the DC, Kokrajhar urging state governor to hold BTAD elections in the month of October.
Addressing media persons, Mohilary said that the state governor should hold the Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) elections in the month of October to maintain the faith of people in democracy.
“If the authorities concerned can declare the dates of the Bihar elections, then why they have failed to hold elections in the Bodoland Territorial Region (BTR). We want BTC election to be held in the month of October to pay way for healthy democracy in the region,” the former BTC chief said.
He also termed the renaming of BTR in place of the existing BTC a violation of model code of conduct in the council.
- Meghalaya 2023: Busiest day in Garo Hills on day 4 of nominations
- No proposal to use remote voting machine in “upcoming election” in country: Rijiju in LS
- Tripura 2023: LF-Cong alliance has no mission or vision, says Bengal LoP
- ‘Immigrant’ Row: Sikkim CM’s effigies burnt, SDF calls for shutdown
- Fee payment delay: Gauhati HC sets aside notice declaring students ‘non-collegiate’
- Tripura Polls: Union Minister Pratima Bhoumik holds campaign in Dhanpur