Here’s your dose of happy news for the day.
According to Burke County Search And Rescue, a group of mountain bikers on Sunday were on the North Carolina trail when they spotted the dog. They were riding the Sinkhole Trail at Pisgah National Forest, about 50 miles (80 kilometres) south of Asheville.
The bikers immediately called for help and brought the rescuers to the stranded animal. The rescuers then went inside the sinkhole and enticed the starving and dehydrated animal a salty snack. After that, they used a harness to bring the dog to safety.
The rescuers posted about the operation on their Facebook page.
The rescuers claimed that the animal was not injured, but was starving and dehydrated from many days.
He was taken to Burke County Animal Services for an examination, where for now he has been named ‘Sinker’. Officials said that he did not have a collar or a microchip, and if owners are not found, he could be placed for adoption.
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 28
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 28
- India test-fires Agni-V missile, flexes muscle in front of China
- 57 new bank branches in Assam by March 2022: Union minister
- Bengal logs 976 fresh COVID-19 cases, 15 fatalities
- Campaigning ends for by-polls in 5 Assam assembly seats