Imphal: Amid the high speculation of a cabinet reshuffle in the N Biren Singh-led coalition government in Manipur, three BJP ministers have been dropped officially from the council of ministers on Thursday morning.
Governor Najma Heptulla accepted the chief minister N Biren Singh’s proposal to drop three ministers from the present council of ministers.
On Wednesday, CM Biren Singh submitted a proposal to Governor Heptulla of dropping education minister Thokchom Radheshyam Singh, social welfare minister Nemcha Kipgen and agriculture minister V Hankhalian. However, the reason to drop the three ministers was not cited on the proposal.
I have accepted the dropping of the following ministers (mentioned above) from the council of ministers as proposed, Governor Heptulla said in a statement.
Earlier, reports were flooded on social media where it mentioned that CM Biren Singh to change his council of ministers and five ministers, three from BJP and two National People’s Party (NPP) to be dropped.
However, there was no official statement in regards to the NPP ministers dropping from the council of ministers till the time of filing this report.
- Lakhs of crores of rupees donated to PM-CARES, where is that money, asks Mamata
- Assam: More DNLA cadre come overground after signing accord
- Assam CM to move Gauhati HC for judicial inquiry into Sipajhar violence
- Home-grown artisans showcase creativity at 2nd Nagaland handmade jewellery exhibition
- China declares all cryptocurrency transactions illegal
- RN Ravi paved his own exit: NSCN-IM reminds new interlocutor