Guwahati: Veteran Congress leader and former chief minister of Assam Tarun Gogoi has been shifted to intensive care unit (ICU) of Gauhati Medical College and Hospital (GMCH) once again on Thursday.
Health condition of the Congress stalwart, who was admitted to the GMCH on August 26 after testing COVID-19 positive, started deteriorating since Thursday morning. H was immediately shifted to the ICU, hospital sources said.
Earlier, Assam health department constituted a committee to constantly monitor Gogoi’s health at GMCH.
Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma in his Twitter said, “I wish speedy recovery to former Chief Minister Sri @tarun_gogoi as he has been found #COVID19 positive. We have kept a team of doctors ready for best possible medical care and assistance to our revered senior leader.”
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for October 26
- Scindia flags off first Dibrugarh-Shillong direct flight
- Myanmar skips ASEAN summit after its military ruler shut out
- Lack of skills biggest barrier in digital learning: OUP study
- Russia’s coronavirus deaths mark another high
- Rajasthan teacher sacked over ‘we won’ post following India’s loss to Pakistan