Kohima: COVID-19 cases continued to surge in Nagaland as 67 fresh cases were reported on Wednesday. State legislator Metsubo Jamir also tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
Taking to Twitter, the minister for rural development informed that after returning from Delhi, he tested positive for COVID-19. He however informed that a second test will be conducted.
“I took the test for covid19 and have tested positive in my first test. A confirmation of this result by a second test is awaited. However, anyone who has had contact with me is kindly requested to take all precautions and self isolate,” Jamir tweeted.
Meanwhile, health minister S Pangnyu Phom informed that the new cases were declared as positive out of 407 results received. Up to 58 from Kohima, five from Dimapur and two each from Tuensang and Mon tested positive for COVID-19.
Phom informed that another 16 patients recovered from COVID-19 on Wednesday. Among the new cases, 15 are from Kohima and one is from Wokha.
“Update! Out of 407 results received 67 +ve cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed. 58 in Kohima, 5 in Dimapur & 2 each in Tuensang and Mon.
Also, State reports 16 recoveries of COVID-19 patients. 15 from Kohima & 1 from Wokha,” Phom tweeted.
The current COVID-19 status is:
Besides the 10 confirmed COVID-19 deaths, five are not due to COVID-19 and another three are under investigation.
- Mizoram poll watchdog seeks action over model code violation
- Mizoram: Fourth consecutive day with under 1,000 fresh Covid-19 cases
- Arunachal: Bike thief, five others arrested from Seppa
- Aizawl-Shillong among six air routes flagged off in NE
- Tripura TMC members gherao police station over attack on youth leader
- Fabindia’s ‘Jashn-e-Riwaaz’ sparks controversy, Netizens allege ‘Abrahamisation’ of Diwali