Aizawl: Mizoram has registered 22 new Covid-19 cases in the last 24 hours, pushing the state’s caseload to 1700 mark, an official said.
Of the 22 newly infected patients, 16 were among Border Security Force (BSF) jawans posted at Lunglei and Serchhip, one non-state resident construction worker of Prem Kram Infracon Pvt. Ltd and the rest 5 patients were state residents, the official said.
The total Covid-19 cases in the state now stand at 1,713, of which 690 are active cases, he said.
Altogether 11 cases were reported from Lunglei district, 6 from Serchhip district and 5 cases were reported from Aizawl district, he said.
The five patients from Aizawl have no travel history and contracted the virus during contact tracing between September 16-18 while 16 BSF jawans and a worker of Prem Kram Infracon Pvt. Ltd have come from other states, he said.
All the 22 patients aged between 15 and 57 years were out of danger as they were asymptomatic, he added.
According to health department, a total of 1,023 people have already recovered from the virus and the recovery rate is 59.72 per cent.
As many as 64, 312 samples have been tested till Tuesday evening, it said.
Mizoram has not reported any fatality due to Covid-19.
Meanwhile, Aizawl district administration has declared Bawngkawn locality as containment zone following the detection of 37 new Covid-19 cases from the neighborhood on Tuesday.
- Mizoram poll watchdog seeks action over model code violation
- Mizoram: Fourth consecutive day with under 1,000 fresh Covid-19 cases
- Arunachal: Bike thief, five others arrested from Seppa
- Aizawl-Shillong among six air routes flagged off in NE
- Tripura TMC members gherao police station over attack on youth leader
- Fabindia’s ‘Jashn-e-Riwaaz’ sparks controversy, Netizens allege ‘Abrahamisation’ of Diwali