Imphal: Manipur chief minister N Biren Singh on Wednesday inaugurated a foot overbridge located at Senapati district headquarters through video conference at CM’s secretariat in Imphal. This is the first such footbridge in the hill district headquarters along the National Highway 2.
The foot overbridge was constructed under the Autonomous District Council (ADC) Senapati fund amounting to Rs 84 lakh and got completed within seven months.
Speaking on the occasion, the chief minister said that the footbridge was constructed with funds and considerable initiative from ADC Senapati bringing a visible change in the district and giving significant benefits to the general public.
While lauding the district ADC members, CM Biren Singh stated that during his three and half years of tenure, this is the first such visible change initiated by the ADC and he appealed the councillors to continue working for the welfare of society.
Singh further said that his BJP-led coalition government is committed to give special attention to equal development both in the hills and valley in terms of infrastructure progress or humanity service.
The recently inaugurated transit accommodations for doctors, nurses and teachers and the similar project upcoming at Mao, Senapati, Paomata and other places will bring a visible change and development in the state, added Singh.
The inaugural function was also attended by PHED minister Losii Dikho, tribal affairs minister N Kayisii and forest, environment minister Awangbou Newmai and Senapati ADC chairman A Kapani among others.
- Mizoram churches condole death of Assam Police personnel in border clash
- Won’t allow illegal coke factories in East Jaintia Hills: MLA Kyrmen Shylla
- Independent committee to probe ‘rice scam’: Meghalaya govt
- Boundary row: Mizoram Youth Congress seeks President’s intervention
- The Optics of India’s ‘Chinky’ medalists at the Olympics
- Heartbreak as Indian women crash out of Olympic hockey final race