Imphal: Two more patients on Wednesday succumbed to COVID-19 in Manipur, taking the death toll in the state to 62.
A five-year-old boy from Kangpokpi district died at Shija hospital due to the coronavirus and other health issues, making him the youngest COVID-19 victim in the state, as per the health bulletin.
Another 53-year-old man from Imphal West also succumbed due to COVID-19 and other co-morbid conditions, it said.
Meanwhile, the total number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 climbed to 9,376 with another 96 cases, including 19 personnel from the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF), detected in the past 24 hours.
From the 77 local cases, Imphal West registered 24 new cases, Imphal East (19), Kakching (10), Senapati (1), Thoubal (12), Bishnupur (1), Kangpokpi (1), Churachandpur (4), Tamenglong (1), Chandel (1) and Jiribam (3).
Besides the fresh cases, 221 persons infected with the virus got discharged after getting cured, pushing the total number of recovered patients to 7,108 and recovery rate to 75.81 per cent.
A total of 2,206 patients continue to remain as active cases.
- ASEAN to exclude Myanmar’s leader from summit in key rebuke
- Gujarat: 8-year-old girl mauled to death by lions in Amreli
- Nagaland former minister Kihoto Hollohon breathes his last, CM condoles demise
- MS Dhoni becomes first in world cricket to captain in 300 T20 games
- India at the 2021 T20 World Cup: Matches, timings and venues
- Meghalaya: TUR files defamation case against FB page, its admin