Shillong: After reports emerged that a Uranium ore tank in Jynrin village, South West Khasi Hills District, cracked on Monday, Meghalaya deputy chief minister Prestone Tynsong on Tuesday informed that it is unsure if it has happened or not.
Tynsong informed that the government is waiting for further information from district administration to ascertain what exactly happened at the spot.
When asked if these storage tanks existed, Tynsong refuted the claims and said that it can’t be so.
“If you remember back then first the NOC for investigation was granted by the District Council long time back, that was the only NOC for investigation. It is totally different from mining,” said Tynsong.
He also clarified that no such mining activities took place and that it was only a pre-investigation analysis done by the Uranium Corporation of India Limited (UCIL).
- Mizoram poll watchdog seeks action over model code violation
- Mizoram: Fourth consecutive day with under 1,000 fresh Covid-19 cases
- Arunachal: Bike thief, five others arrested from Seppa
- Aizawl-Shillong among six air routes flagged off in NE
- Tripura TMC members gherao police station over attack on youth leader
- Fabindia’s ‘Jashn-e-Riwaaz’ sparks controversy, Netizens allege ‘Abrahamisation’ of Diwali