Imphal: In yet another achievement in their fight against illegal activities in Manipur, troops of Assam Rifles under the aegis of IGAR HQ (south) recovered incriminating items, including a large gold bar worth Rs 26 lakh, from the possession of an active member of the Thadou People’s Liberation Army (TPLA).
TPLA is a non-Suspension of Operation (SoO) militant outfit operating in all Thadou-inhabited areas in the state.
Based on specific inputs, the team launched an operation and recovered the smuggled objects from the house of the cadre of TPLA faction in Kangpokpi district on September 19.
The recovered items include two pistols, live rounds of ammunition and other incriminating items along with a large piece of gold worth Rs 26 lakh, said the official.
The recovered items have been handed to the police station for further investigation.
- Fabindia’s ‘Jashn-e-Riwaaz’ sparks controversy, Netizens allege ‘Abrahamisation’ of Diwali
- Manipur: Police seize arms, ammunition & drugs worth Rs 40 lakh
- Mary Kom to skip National Women’s Boxing Championships
- NESFB Guwahati has 133 vacancies. Details here
- Dera chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim sentenced to life
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for October 18