Imphal: Manipur reported one more COVID-19 related death on Tuesday, taking the state’s toll to 60.
The patient, an 82-year-old man from Imphal West, was undergoing treatment at Jawaharlal Nehru of Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS) Hospital. He succumbed to COVID-19 infection and other co-morbid conditions, said reports.
Meanwhile, another 270 cases of COVID-19 were reported in the state, taking the total number of confirmed cases to 9,280. From the fresh cases, 214 persons, including 128 male, are from the general population and 85 are personnel from the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF).
A total of 205 new infected cases from the general population do not have travel history and only nine persons from Imphal East (4) and Bishnupur (5) are returnees.
The locally traced contacts are reported from Imphal West (54), Imphal East (96), Thoubal (29), Tengnoupal (3), Bishnupur (1), Kakching (7), Chandel (3), Kangpokpi (1), Churachandpur (5), Kamjong (1), Senapati (1) and Tamenglong (4).
In the last 24 hours, another 49 patients were discharged after they recovered from the infection. With this, the total number of recovered cases has gone up to 6,887 while active cases are 2,333.
- Vincent Pala’s statement on jhum cultivation not based on facts: NESFAS
- Denmark Open: PV Sindhu loses in quarters
- Bar Himanta from by-poll campaign: Cong leader writes to poll panel
- Vaccination drive a success because of you all: Arunachal CM to healthcare workers
- Sheriff: Alec Baldwin fired prop gun on movie set, killing woman
- Nagaland: 13 cops under investigation for misappropriation of gold bars