GUWAHATI: Amid the increasing mercury level across the state since Saturday, weather department, adding much relief to denizens, predicts that the temperatures are likely to fall due to thunderstorm activity forecast from Monday.
Sources in the Regional Meteorological Centre here said that the maximum temperature in Guwahati on Sunday was 36.8 degree Celsius, which is 5.2 degrees above normal. Dibrugarh recorded at 37.6 degree Celsius, which is a departure of 7.3 degrees. Tezpur and Silchar also recorded high temperatures of 37.3 and 36.8 degrees Celsius respectively.
High temperatures were recorded across the State even on Saturday.
Informing that due to a low pressure area over Bay of Bengal, winds over the Northeast in lower level of the atmosphere are mainly easterly, the sources said, “Moisture supply from the Bay is practically cut off, which resulted in the high temperatures.”
- Arunachal Pradesh COVID-19 death toll rises to 274
- 28,326 new COVID infections recorded in India, total tally at 3,36,52,745
- Meghalaya: Two minor girls kidnapped, rescued from Assam
- Centre to soon announce new cooperative policy: Amit Shah
- CBIC makes Aadhaar authentication mandatory for claiming GST refund
- Assam govt seeks Centre’s help in popularising traditional weaves