Imphal: Manipur on Monday saw two more deaths related to COVID-19, while 116 new coronavirus cases were reported taking the total confirmed infected cases to 9,010, as per the data issued by COVID-19 Common Control Room.
The total death toll in the state rose to 59 with two more female patients from Imphal West district succumbed at Regional Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) and Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS) Hospitals in Imphal.
Meanwhile, 71 patients were discharged in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of cured to 6,838, while 2,113 cases remained as active. The active cases include 1,822 from the general population and 291 personnel from the Central Armed Police Force (CAPF).
The recovery rate from COVID-19 infection stands at 75.89 per cent as on September 21.
Of the fresh cases registered on Monday, 87 persons are from the general population and 29 are security personnel.
Four persons from Churachandpur (1), Bishnupur (2) and Senapati (1) are said to be returnees from other states while the rest 83 are locals with no travel history. They are from Imphal West (2), Imphal East (39), Churachandpur (1), Noney (1), Tamenglong (5), Kakching (5), Thoubal (22), Bishnupur (1) and Kangpokpi (7).
- Nagaland: 13 cops under investigation for misappropriation of gold bars
- First female head of Japan labour lobby vows to empower women
- CISF apologises to actor after she is asked to remove prosthetic limb at airport
- 2 of family killed in lightning strike in Bengal
- AASU stages protest against fuel price hike in Assam
- As virus cases rise, so do pleas for Russians to get vaccine