GUWAHATI: Following the recent formation of Assam Jatiya Parishad (AJP) by the All Assam Students Union (AASU) and Asom Jatiyatabadi Yuva Chatra Parishad (AJYCP), the Krishak Mukti Sangram Samiti (KMSS) and 70 other organisations have announced that they will float a new political outfit within this month.
The KMSS leadership stated that although they are yet to get any response from the AASU, AJYCP and AJP, they are optimistic that regional forces will ally for the greater interest of Assamese people before the coming election.
Earlier, the KMSS had set September 20 as the deadline for the AASU, AJYCP and AJP to come on board to form a united regional political force in view of the coming assembly election.
The KMSS leadership said there could be differences of opinion when it comes to identifying with the formula of ‘one party and one symbol’. But, it said, “an initiative of unification is a prerequisite to defeating the ruling party along with the Congress-AIUDF coalition in the forthcoming election.”
The KMSS leadership further stated that to form the new political outfit, talks are already under way with various organisations and regional parties, and its aim is to form an “inclusive” political party by including representatives of all organisations in its leadership.
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for October 22
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for October 22
- Assam: Protests against govt’s proposal to fell 5,000 trees for four-lane project
- Actor Ananya Panday appears before NCB for second day
- China vows no concessions on Taiwan after Biden comments
- ‘You’ Season 3 review: Poitboiler about murderous couple is messy but entertaining