Guwahati: Chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal who is in New Delhi, held a meeting with Union home minister Amit Shah at the latter’s official residence in the national capital and discussed on a range of important issues concerning the state.
Union home minister Shah was very positive as he assured the chief minister that all the outstanding issues will be dealt with positively, a government press release said.
Chief minister Sonowal also thanked the Union home minister for positively deliberating on all the problems that the state has been facing as he termed the discussion being very encouraging and fruitful. He also thanked the Union home minister for showing his sincere and strong good will towards the people of Assam.
Minister for health and family welfare, finance etc., Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma was also present during the meeting.
- PM Modi turns 71: Here’s how Nagaland celebrated
- Leaders of Lanka, Nepal wish PM Modi on his 71st birthday
- Daily COVID-19 vaccination crosses 1-crore mark for the fourth time
- India’s 61st Software Technology park centre opened in Nagaland
- How 35 people in Assam’s Udalguri came together to create a man-made forest
- Mizoram extends COVID-19 restrictions amid grim situation