Imphal: The total number of deaths due to COVID-19 in Manipur has climbed to 57 with two more persons succumbing to the disease while another 170 positive cases were reported on Sunday.
The latest victims, aged 53 and 67 years, were reported from Imphal East district and they were undergoing treatment at Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS) Hospital, as per the statement issued from COVID-19 Common Control Room.
Meanwhile, among the 170 new infected cases reported in the last 24 hours, 168 cases, including 103 male and 65 female, are from the general population and two are from the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF).
According to additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang, five persons who tested positive for COVID-19 are returnees from other states and the remaining 163 are locals without any travel history.
They traced contact cases are reported from Imphal West (98), Imphal East (21), Tamenglong (15), Thoubal (10), Kamjong (1), Churachandpur (4), Bishnupur (7), Senapati (3), Noney (1) and Kangpokpi (3). All of them have shifted to the COVID-19 care centers.
Meanwhile, 44 more infected persons have discharged from the hospitals, taking the total recovered cases to 6,767. The recovery rate is 76.08 per cent.
At present, of the total 8,894 as confirmed positive cases for coronavirus, 2,070 persons remain as active cases.
- Netflix review: ‘After We Fell’ is boring, slow and awful in every aspect
- ‘Jai Shree Ram’ won’t reduce fuel cost: TMC protests against BJP in Tripura
- Boxing: Lovlina, Shiva in contention for place in AIBA athletes committee
- Mizoram reports 790 new COVID cases, positivity rate at 9%
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for October 26
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for October 26