Kohima: COVID-19 positive cases continued to surge in Nagaland as another 35 fresh cases were detected on Saturday. However, recovered cases continue to surpass the total number of active cases as another 40 patients recovered from COVID-19.
Nagaland health minister S Pangnyu Phom took to Twitter to inform that the new cases were declared as positive out of 526 results received. The addition of the new cases has taken the state’s tally to 5,392.
The minister also informed that out of the new cases that have been reported, 23 are from Dimapur, 10 from Kohima and the remaining two are from Zunheboto.
Meanwhile, another 40 patients recovered from COVID-19 increasing the number of such cases to 4,148. Among the new recovered cases, 28 are from Kohima, 10 are from Dimapur and two are from Tuensang.
“Update! Out of 526 results received 35 +ve cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed.
23 in Dimapur, 10 in Kohima & 2 in Zunheboto. Also, State reports 40 recoveries of COVID-19 patients.
28 from Kohima, 10 from Dimapur & 2 from Tuensang,” the minister tweeted.
The COVID-19 status in Nagaland is:
Besides the 10 COVID-19 deaths, five deaths are not due to COVID-19 and three deaths are under investigation. A health official confirmed that the deaths under investigation has been reflected in the tally of the active cases till the time the cause of death is unknown.
- Extra-judicial killings aren’t new to Assam. Ask Sipajhar’s Dipila villagers
- BTS live concert: Stream ‘PTD on stage’ in LA live here
- Assam’s Chai-Spiced-Gin is one of Edinburgh’s finest!
- Mizoram: Former diplomat and writer L Keivom passes away at 82
- TPCI, Nagaland govt sign MoU for Dimapur hotel management institute
- ‘Antim: The Final Truth’: Salman Khan’s most committed act in years?