A patient suffering from coronavirus has reportedly dies after being restrained by hospital staff in Rajkot, Gujarat.
A video recently surfaced on social media allegedly showing the COVID-19 patient being restrained and thrashed by nursing staff and security personnel inside Rajkot Civil Hospital.
When the video went viral on social media platforms, hospital authorities later clarified that the patient was “mentally disturbed” and was actually being restrained and not being thrashed, in order to avoid inflicting injuries to himself and others inside the hospital.
The video that went viral a week ago, showed nursing staff wearing PPE kits overpowering the patient and pushing him down on the floor.
The video further showed one of the medical staff sitting on top of the patient while another nursing staff was seen slapping and asking him to stay calm.
“The staff was only trying to make sure the patient does not hurt himself or others. Though the nursing staff had asked him to behave, he did not listen to them. He even tried to remove his clothes. Thus, the staff tried hard to restrain him and take him back to his bed,” said hospital superintendent Dr Pankaj Buch while speaking on the incident to the media.
- WATCH: Lucy Mission lift-off, NASA’s journey to Trojan asteroids
- Assam’s Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary reopens for tourists
- Assamese scholar Shankardeva gets a touch of Russian brushstroke
- The strategic importance of Sela Pass Tunnel for the Indian Army
- IPL 2021: Commentators’ traditional outfits set off meme-gala
- Islamic State claims mosque bombing in south Afghanistan