NSCN-IM general secretary and chief negotiator Th Muivah Credit: EastMojo Image

Kohima: The NSCN-IM on Friday claimed that it has been protecting the Intangki Wildlife Sanctuary from illegal encroachment since 1996 when a resolution was adopted to reserve forests in Naga areas.

The claim of the NSCN-IM comes as a response to the allegation made by the Zeliangrong Baudi (Nagaland) that the NSCN-IM chairman Q Tuccu had said that the Intangki is a “No man’s land”.

An official statement from the group on Friday said, “The outcry raised by the Zeliangrong Baudi (Nagaland)” in a recent press statement alleging that NSCN chairman Q Tuccu claimed Intangki Wildlife Sanctuary as “No man’s Land”, is absolutely “baseless”.

Also Read: Naga peace talks: Oppn party meets Central Nagaland Tribes Council

At no point of time NSCN chairman during his consultative meeting with the tribal hohos in Dimapur stated that Intangki Wildlife Sanctuary is “No man’s land”, the group said.

Saying that such allegation are “misleading, unfounded and far from ground reality”, the group recalled the Gilgal Camp (National Hoho) held from March 27 to April 2 in 1996 where one of the resolution adopted was to “protect all reserve forests in Naga areas and preserve from human exploitation and encroachment”.

“Prominently, the Intangki Wildlife Sanctuary is one such that attracted NSCN’s attention for the preservation of wild life. Since then, NSCN had stood by this resolution and protected the Sanctuary from illegal encroachment in the face of many attempts made by people with vested interests,” it added.

Also Read: Nagaland: 35 traced contacts, 8 others test COVID-19 positive; 111 cured



Latest Stories

Leave a comment

Leave a comment