Aizawl: At least 28 people, including 18 Assam Rifles personnel and 6 Border Security Force (BSF) jawans, have tested positive for novel coronavirus in Mizoram in the last 24 hours, taking the state’s tally to 1,534, official sources said.
Barring one patient in Aizawl, who contracted the virus from a positive contact, the rest 27 patients have travel history and have been placed under quarantine since their arrival in the state, a statement by state Information and Public Relations department said.
Of the 28 cases, 19 were reported from Aizawl district, 6 from Lunglei district, 2 from Serchhip district and 1 case was reported from Kolasib district, it said.
Altogether 18 Assam Rifles jawans are from Assam Rifles quarantine facility at Zokhawsang on the outskirts of Aizawl while 6 BSF jawans were lodged at a quarantine facility in Lunglei district.
There are 585 active cases in the state while 949 people have already recovered.
According to health department, as many as 57,076 samples have been tested till Thursday.
- Assam swimmer breaks 12-year national record in 100m butterfly
- Manipur celebrates Mera Houchongba, marks day of solidarity
- Meghalaya by-polls: Independent Esron Marweiñ says farmers his top priority
- NEIPDA calls for 48-hr petrol pump closure in Guwahati
- Flood: Central team visits Assam to assess damages; state seeks funds
- Priyanka Gandhi stopped by UP police from going to Agra, taken to police lines