New Delhi: The 36th National Games allotted to Goa, which was scheduled from October 20 to November 4, 2020, had been postponed due to outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Announcing this, Union minister of state for youth affairs and sports, Kiren Rijiju, in a written reply in Lok Sabha said that Central assistance of Rs.97.80 crore has been released to the Government of Goa for creation / development of sports infrastructure for 36th National Games.
The first Khelo India University Games was successfully conducted at Odisha from February 22 to March 1, 2020 with total athlete participation of 3,182 from 158 universities in 17 sports disciplines.
“Athletes and teams are well aware about the National Games through the state governments, concerned national sports federations, sports promotion boards, etc. Once the dates of National Games are finalised, Indian Olympic Association and the Organizing Committee of National Games use various publicity platforms such as print media, electronic media, social media to promote the National Games among spectators throughout the country,” the minister added.
- Mizoram poll watchdog seeks action over model code violation
- Mizoram: Fourth consecutive day with under 1,000 fresh Covid-19 cases
- Arunachal: Bike thief, five others arrested from Seppa
- Aizawl-Shillong among six air routes flagged off in NE
- Tripura TMC members gherao police station over attack on youth leader
- Fabindia’s ‘Jashn-e-Riwaaz’ sparks controversy, Netizens allege ‘Abrahamisation’ of Diwali