Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh chief minister Pema Khandu, who was tested COVID-19 positive, has been tested negative on Thursday.
Announcing this on Twitter, Khandu said, “I had undertaken a repeat Covid19 RT-PCR test yesterday. Because of the wishes and prayers of each one of you, I am glad to inform that I have tested NEGATIVE.”
Meanwhile, people from different sections of the society, including Union minister for sports and youth welfare, who is also MP from the state, Kiren Rijiju, chief minister of Manipur, N Biren Singh, among others have congratulated Arunachal Pradesh chief minister in their respective twitter messages.
Earlier on September 15, Khandu was tested positive for COVID-19. He took to twitter to announce this. He wrote, “I had undergone Covid test RT-PCR and have tested positive for Covid19. I am asymptomatic and feeling healthy. However as per SOP and safety of others, I am self isolating myself and request everyone who came in contact with me to adhere to the SOP.”
Before testing COVID-19 positive, Khandu was in Delhi and had meeting central government leaders. He called on the Defence Minister, Rajnath Singh along with deputy chief minister Chowna Mein and MP Tapir Gao on Monday.
- Fabindia’s ‘Jashn-e-Riwaaz’ sparks controversy, Netizens allege ‘Abrahamisation’ of Diwali
- Manipur: Police seize arms, ammunition & drugs worth Rs 40 lakh
- Mary Kom to skip National Women’s Boxing Championships
- NESFB Guwahati has 133 vacancies. Details here
- Dera chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim sentenced to life
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for October 18