Imphal: In the last 24 hours, three more persons who tested positive for COVID-19 in Manipur succumbed to the coronaviru, while 110 fresh cases were detected.
With this, the death toll in the state rose to 51 and confirmed cases of coronavirus to 8,430.
Two patient, aged 63 and 38 years (one male and one female) from Thoubal district succumbed to COVID-19, while another 63-year-old man from Imphal East passed away. The victims were undergoing treatment at Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS) and Regional Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) Hospitals, said additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
Among the 110 fresh cases, six persons from Imphal East (4), Churachandpur (1) and Imphal West (1) districts are returnees and remaining 104 cases do not have travel history. They are from Imphal West (45), Imphal East (25), Thoubal (14), Churachandpur (6), Bishnupur (4), Noney (6), Tengnoupal (1) and Senapati (1).
All of them have shifted to the COVID-19 care centers for further treatment.
Also, with 18 more infected persons discharged on Thursday, the recovery rate in the state stands at 77.56 per cent.
At present, the total number of recovered cases is 6,539 and 1,840 remained as active cases.
- Will India make a winning start at women’s Asian Champions Trophy?
- Meghalaya Youth Cong: Mass resignation not end of Congress
- Singapore says Omicron not more severe than other variants as of now
- BWF World Tour Finals: Sindhu beats Yamaguchi in semis, enters final
- Ratan Tata, Lovlina Borgohain, 17 others to receive top Assam govt awards
- Amid calls for booster shots, experts say double vaccinate against Covid first