Kohima: With 34 new cases reported in Nagaland on Wednesday, the state’s tally touched 5,263. Among the new cases, 17 are armed force personnel, 14 are persons through traced contacts, and three are returnees.
All 17 armed force personnel who tested positive are from Dimapur. Out of 14 traced contacts, 13 are from Dimapur, and one is from Kohima. Among the three returnees, two are from Mon, and one is from Dimapur.
Overall, 31 from Dimapur, two from Mon and one from Kohima tested positive on Wednesday. Out of the total confirmed cases, 2481 are armed force personnel/police personnel, 1418 are returnees, 1044 are through traced contacts, and 320 are frontline workers.
Meanwhile, another 25 persons also recovered from COVID-19 on Wednesday, increasing the number of recovered cases to 3,968. Among the new recovered cases, 23 are from Kohima and one each is from Mon and Phek.
The COVID-19 status as on Wednesday is:
As per the severity of symptoms among the active cases, 1,252 active cases are asymptomatic, seven active cases are mild, and two active cases are moderate.
A total of 45,353 samples have been sent for testing through RT-PCR, and the results of 44,729 samples have been received. In addition, a total of 25,731 samples have been sent for testing on Truenat and results of 25,714 samples have been received. Through Rapid Antigen Test, 1,188 samples have been tested.
A total 637 persons are presently under Facility Quarantine, informed Home Commissioner Abhijit Sinha.
- Islamic State claims mosque bombing in south Afghanistan
- Dravid ‘The Wall’ returns: Team India in best hands say fans
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 16
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 16
- Manipur woman found dead in Gurgaon under mysterious circumstances
- World Food Day 2021: History, significance & this year’s theme