Aizawl: At least 12 people, including four Border Security Force jawans, have tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 24 hours, taking Mizoram Covid-19 caseload to 1,480, an official statement said.
According to a statement by state Information and Public Relations department, four cases were reported from Aizawl district, five from Serchhip district, two from Kolasib district and one case was reported from west Mizoram’s Mamit district.
Three medics, who dealt with sample collection and two truck drivers, who came from Assam, were among the new infected persons, which comprised 10 males and two females, the statement said.
The four BSF jawans have returned from Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra and Odisha, it said.
According to health department, there are 558 active patients in the state while a total of 922 people have already recovered.
The recovery has increased to 62.30 per cent on Wednesday, it said.
- India’s border policy changed for good after Modi became PM: Pema Khandu
- Arunachal CM Khandu lauds Indian Army at India-Tibet border
- India criticises China for new land border law
- Nagaland: Dobashis ask CM to constitute customary courts
- Pegasus snooping row: Press freedom important pillar of democracy, says SC
- Washington orders Chinese phone carrier out of US market