Imphal: Manipur reported one more death of a COVID-19 positive patient, taking the death toll in the state to 48.
According to the latest health bulletin, the 75-year-old was from Imphal East district expired at the Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS) Hospital.
One hundred ten new COVID-19 infections were reported on Wednesday, 93 are from the general population and 17 personnel from the Central Armed Police Force (CAPF).
The total confirmed cases for coronavirus has risen to 8,320, and 6,521 patients have recovered.
Currently there are 1,751 active COVID-19 cases in the state which include 1,446 civilians and 305 security personnel, remained as active cases.
From the 93 new cases of the general population, 14 persons belonging to Churachandpur (9), Noney (3) and Ukhrul (2) are returnees from other states and remaining 79 of them do not travel history outside Manipur, said additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
Also, in the last 24 hours, a total of 103 coronavirus patients were discharged from CAPF and COVID-19 care centres after testing negative on RT PCR test. With this, the recovery rate is at 78.37 per cent.
- How feasible is it to demarcate Assam-Mizoram border using space tech?
- John Abraham announced as the brand ambassador for MotoGP India
- Nagaland: Paediatric Task Force set up to prepare for COVID-19 third wave
- Arunachal: Traffic wardens call for protest on August 9
- International Beer Day: Lesser-known Indian beers you should try!
- MP govt announces Rs 1 cr reward for Hockey players Vivek Sagar, Nilakanta Sharma