Guwahati: The Faculty of Engineering and Technology of Assam down town University (AdtU) celebrated National Engineer’s Day on a virtual platform.
The participants offered tribute to the greatest Indian Engineer of all times, Bharat Ratna Sir Mokshagundam Vishwesaraya. The invited speaker for the function, Dr Arup Kumar Mishra, spoke on the achievements of the multifaceted engineer Sir Vishwesaraya and presented a beautiful comparison of engineering in the beginning of the 20th century and now.
He discussed about the five pillars of self-reliant India. Prof NC Talukdar, Vice Chancellor, Assam down town University, lauded the contribution of engineers in various fields of science and technology.
Other speakers include Prof BG Unni, Research Adviser, AdtU, and Prof Sunandan Baruah, Dean of Engineering and Technology, AdtU. The formal vote of thanks was offered by Dr Arnob Bormudoi, Head of the Engineering Department, AdtU.
- Sheikh Hasina orders immediate action against those who incited violence using religion
- VHP stages protest in West Bengal, Assam over attacks on minorities in Bangladesh
- Northeast to be developed as India’s bio-economic hub: Jitendra Singh
- Sikkim logs 27 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- IIT-Delhi to offer BTech course in Energy Engineering from 2021 academic session
- Liquor worth Rs 720 crore sold in Bengal during Durga Puja