An Indian Army jawan was martyred on Tuesday after Pakistan resorted to unprovoked ceasefire violation along the line of control (LoC) in Sunderbani Sector, district Rajouri (J&K).
“Own troops responded strongly to the enemy fire. In the incident, Naik Aneesh Thomas was critically injured and later succumbed to his injuries,” informed the army in a statement.
“Naik Aneesh Thomas was a brave, highly motivated and a sincere soldier.
The nation will always remain indebted to him for his supreme sacrifice and devotion to duty”, the statement reads.
Also Read: Sikkim: Bodies of COVID-19 victims from the army to be ferried out of State
- Manipuris in South Korea write to Indian Embassy over crisis in state
- Assam: Major disaster averted as loaded gas-tanker flips in Sonapur
- Social media snaps sweep of Japan’s cherry blossom season in new detail
- Manipur: Security forces launch joint combing operation
- Guwahati-based startup TechVariable to take part in Dubai World AI show
- Why is PM still silent on Manipur, asks Cong