An Indian Army jawan was martyred on Tuesday after Pakistan resorted to unprovoked ceasefire violation along the line of control (LoC) in Sunderbani Sector, district Rajouri (J&K).
“Own troops responded strongly to the enemy fire. In the incident, Naik Aneesh Thomas was critically injured and later succumbed to his injuries,” informed the army in a statement.
“Naik Aneesh Thomas was a brave, highly motivated and a sincere soldier.
The nation will always remain indebted to him for his supreme sacrifice and devotion to duty”, the statement reads.
- Fabindia’s ‘Jashn-e-Riwaaz’ sparks controversy, Netizens allege ‘Abrahamisation’ of Diwali
- Manipur: Police seize arms, ammunition & drugs worth Rs 40 lakh
- Mary Kom to skip National Women’s Boxing Championships
- NESFB Guwahati has 133 vacancies. Details here
- Dera chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim sentenced to life
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for October 18