Guwahati: Arjun Tendukar, the son of legendary Indian batsman Sachin Tendulkar, is in the news with rumours doing rounds that he might be on the verge of joining the Mumbai Indians team for the 2020 season of the Indian Premier League, which is due to kick off from September 19 in the UAE. Arjun has always been seen at the Wankhede Stadium cheering for Mumbai since his childhood days, when his father was leading the team.
Now, the youngster has grown up to be a highly-skilled left-arm pacer along with some really impressive batting skills in the domestic and U-19 circuit. Recently, Mumbai Indians spinner Rahul Chahar took to Twitter to post a picture where Arjun is seen in a swimming pool, enjoying alongside Mumbai Indians players Trent Boult, Rahul Chahar and James Pattinson in the UAE.
As soon as the image surfaced, it led to fans going gaga on social media and speculate if Arjun is going to join the four-time IPL-winning franchise for the upcoming season of the cash rich league.
But as of now, the speculations are not completely true, and Arjun has actually travelled with the Mumbai franchise as a part of the net bowlers contingent, where the youngster will bowl to the MI batsmen in the nets staying in the bio-bubble with the team in the UAE.
The Mumbai Indians are due to take on the Chennai Super Kings in the opening contest of the IPL 2020 on September 19 in Abu Dhabi.
- Islamic State claims mosque bombing in south Afghanistan
- Dravid ‘The Wall’ returns: Team India in best hands say fans
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 16
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 16
- Manipur woman found dead in Gurgaon under mysterious circumstances
- World Food Day 2021: History, significance & this year’s theme