World’s leading video-on-demand platform YouTube has launched a new short-form video creator named YouTube Shorts in India to give competition to Chinese owned video sharing app TikTok.
As per several media reports, YouTube Shorts will allow people to make 15-second videos and it can also be mixed with music.
“Music for these videos will be available through in-product music picker feature. The picker currently has 100,000s of tracks, and we’re working with music artists, labels, and publishers to make more of their content available to continue expanding our catalogue,” a YouTube spokesperson told the media.
In an attempt to lure maximum number of users in India, the app will feature a new “create” icon and will be displayed prominently on the app. The “create” icon has been rolled out with the beta version of YouTube Shorts for Android and the same feature will also be available across iOS devices soon.
- Russia’s coronavirus deaths mark another high
- Rajasthan teacher sacked over ‘we won’ post following India’s loss to Pakistan
- Dabur withdraws gender-inclusive ‘Karwa Chauth’ Ad after controversy
- Assam: 20-year old nabbed after ‘girlfriend’s’ nudes go viral
- Japan’s Princess Mako and ‘commoner’ Kei Komuro tie the knot
- Mizoram revises sample test protocols