Kohima: Among five deaths that were under investigation for the past weeks, two deaths have been confirmed as COVID-19 related. With this, the COVID-19 death toll in Nagaland increased to 10 on Tuesday.
The other three deceased were declared as COVID-19 positive, but the cause of death is not due to COVID-19. Overall, 15 deceased persons were positive for COVID-19. However, only ten deaths were due to COVID-19.
Meanwhile, the number of recovered cases in the state also increased to 3,294 as another three patients recovered from COVID-19. A total of 30 COVID-19 patients recovered on Tuesday. Fifteen new cases of COVID-19 were detected in the state on Tuesday.
The COVID-19 status as on Tuesday is:
Out of the total active cases, 1,259 are asymptomatic, eight–five from Dimapur, two from Kohima, and one from Mokokhung are mild symptomatic, and one each from Kohima and Dimapur are moderate symptomatic.
Further, out of the 5,229 positive cases, the distribution across various categories of people are: 2,464 cases of Armed Forces/ Police, 1,415 cases of Returnees, 320 cases of Frontline Workers and 1,030 cases of Traced Contacts.
A total of 70,994 samples has been tested till date. Out of this, 44,316 samples are through RT-PCR tests, a total of 25,537 samples are through Truenat, and 1,141 are through rapid antigen test.
- Israel to expand partnership with Indian academic institutions
- Manipur’s Mirabai Chanu has sight set on second world championship title
- Sikkim: NH 10 restored after 8 days of disruption
- Arunachal CM visits Tawang, interacts with India Army jawans
- Rahul Dravid formally applies for head coach’s post; Laxman in fray for NCA?
- Assam: Protests against Dabaka deforestation intensify