Shillong: The Meghalaya health department has instituted an inquiry into the violation of quarantine protocols by a pharmacist of Shillong Civil Hospital. It will be headed by joint Director of Health Services, Dr SS Nongbri.
Dr Aman Warr on Tuesday informed that surgeon superintendent, Dr Nongbri will be the inquiry officer and will institute the committee and submit the report accordingly.
On August 6, a pharmacist from Civil Hospital, Shillong who was awaiting his COVID-19 test results violated quarantine protocols and travelled to South West Khasi Hills District. He was asked to go into quarantine in a hotel.
Director of Health Services, Dr Warr had earlier informed that on August 4, the pharmacist had gone to Rangthong PHC to drop his wife and even used an ATM when travelling. While returning, he visited other places and later went back to the hotel without the knowledge of any of the authorities. When his results came out positive, he has been moved to a corona care centre.
Dr Warr had also mentioned that once the patient recovers from the virus, action will be taken against the patient for violating the protocols and putting other people at risk.
After he visited South West Khasi Hills District that the administration had to immediately close down the PHC and disinfect the premises and members of the PHC were asked to quarantine themselves. The management was quick to swing into action and detect all the primary and secondary contacts of the pharmacist.
- Tripura civic polls announced, voting on November 25
- Tripura: TMC leader Sushmita Dev’s convoy attacked, workers beaten
- Assam reports 384 new COVID cases, 4 more fatalities
- In Shillong, black flags and black balloons mark protest against fuel price hike
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for October 22
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for October 22