Imphal: The death toll due to COVID-19 positive soared to 47 after one more person succumbed to the disease in Manipur. The total confirmed cases rose to 8,210 with 239 new cases added on Tuesday.
As per the latest report from COVID-19 Common Control Room, a 69-year-old man from Imphal West district expired due to an infection disease at Regional Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) Hospital in the last 24 hours.
Of the 239 coronavirus new infections, 224 persons are from the general population and 15 personnel from the Central Armed Police Force (CAPF).
According to additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang, all the 224 new cases from the general population do not have travel history to other states. They are reported from Imphal West (148), Imphal East (43), Thoubal (5), Tengnoupal (2), Ukhrul (3), Kakching (4), Tamenglong (2), Churachandpur (3) and Bishnupur (14).
At present, there are 1,745 active cases in the state, in which 1,434 from the general population and 311 are security personnel, it said.
Seventy-eight persons got discharged after recovering from the disease in the last 24 hours. 6,418 people have been cured from the coronavirus till date. The recovery rate is 78.17 per cent in the state.
- 2 of family killed in lightning strike in Bengal
- AASU stages protest against fuel price hike in Assam
- As virus cases rise, so do pleas for Russians to get vaccine
- Paytm gets Sebi nod for mega Rs 16,600-cr IPO
- Tripura civic polls announced, voting on November 25
- Tripura: TMC leader Sushmita Dev’s convoy attacked, workers beaten