Imphal: In a special joint operation, troops of Assam Rifles and Manipur Police busted a local arms manufacturing unit and recovered a huge cache of arms and ammunition in Churachandpur district of Manipur.
Based on reliable inputs, troops of 25 Assam Rifles, 33 Assam Rifles and Churachandpur police launched an operation at New Lamka area in Churachandpur on September 13, as per sources.
During the joint operation, the security forces arrested one person identified as Mang Suangleng, 24, a resident of Dorcas Veng from Churachandpur, sources said.
On thorough search in the area, the troops recovered arms and ammunition, including one 12 bore double barrel rifle, two 12 bore single barrel rifle, one under fabrication 12 bore single barrel without a butt, one under fabrication 12 bore barrel without a mechanism, two under fabrication air gun, one under fabrication 9mm magazine, four trigger mechanism, one 12 bore butt and forehand guard, two 9mm ball rounds, one under fabrication .22 barrel, one under fabrication 12 bore barrel, one under fabrication 12 bore mechanism, two misc parts, two drill bit and one wooden drill and multiple ATM cards.
The arrested individual and recovered items have been handed over to Churachandpur police station for necessary action, sources added.
- NEP 2020 gives national perspective to education of tribals: Arjun Munda
- Indian diaspora has distinguished itself across the world: Modi
- Tripura: Melaghar HS School becomes first earthquake resistance school
- Bangladeshi national gets 5-yr jail term for illegal stay in India
- Tokyo Olympics gold medallist Neeraj Chopra meets Abhinav Bindra
- ‘My Universe’: ARMY react to BTS in LV and Coldplay in hanboks