Itanagar: Just a day after Hindi diwas, staff of Borguli Health Centre in East Siang district wore full traditional Adi tribe attire to work on Tuesday. Little did they know that their effort at promoting the state culture would be so appreciated. Their picture, standing in front of the Health Centre is making rounds of the social media on Tuesday.
So what was so exceptional about this picture? The fact that these men were wearing a complete set of traditional male attire of the Adi Tribe, unlike wearing only a token coat to the office. These men went full-on -traditional by wearing coat, beads and even the langot.
The government of Arunachal Pradesh made it mandatory for all state government and central government employees to wear traditional attire to work once in a month, that is, on the 15th of every month.
A circular from the chief secretary last month said that to boost the local tribal products and to support the local artisans and entrepreneurs under the “Vocal for Local” scheme under the Atmanirbhar Bharat this decision was taken.
- Manipur: Police seize arms, ammunition & drugs worth Rs 40 lakh
- Mary Kom to skip National Women’s Boxing Championships
- NESFB Guwahati has 133 vacancies. Details here
- Dera chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim sentenced to life
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for October 18
- Facebook plans to hire 10,000 in Europe to build ‘metaverse’