Arunachal hief minister, Pema Khandu, has tested positive for COVID-19. He took to twitter to announce this. He wrote, “I had undergone Covid test RT-PCR and have tested positive for Covid19. I am asymptomatic and feeling healthy. However as per SOP and safety of others, I am self isolating myself and request everyone who came in contact with me to adhere to the SOP.”
The Arunachal CM is in Delhi and has been meeting central government leaders. He called on the Defence Minister, Rajnath Singh along with deputy chief minister Chowna Mein and MP Tapir Gao on Monday.
On Saturday, September 13, he held a detailed meeting with deputy CM, Chowna Mein, MP Tapir Gao, MP Rajya Sabha, Rebia Nabam and chief secretary and other senior officials of the state in New Delhi.
Before going to New Delhi, the chief minister was in Tawang and trekked to a remote village. Khandu trekked for 11 hours at a height of 14,500 feet through mountains and forests to meet the villagers of Luguthang which falls in his constituency. He covered a distance of approximately 24 kms.
- Fabindia’s ‘Jashn-e-Riwaaz’ sparks controversy, Netizens allege ‘Abrahamisation’ of Diwali
- Manipur: Police seize arms, ammunition & drugs worth Rs 40 lakh
- Mary Kom to skip National Women’s Boxing Championships
- NESFB Guwahati has 133 vacancies. Details here
- Dera chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim sentenced to life
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for October 18