Shillong: A meeting of the Shillong All Faiths Forum (SAFF) was held in Shillong under the chairmanship of chief secretary MS Rao on Monday.
Rao informed that it was just a preliminary discussion and the forum has shared some documents requesting for minor changes to the SOPs that was earlier published.
Rao said, “We will examine and get back to them, in fact we will be meeting again in the next 2-3 days and will finalize by the end of this week concerning the SOPs and reopening of places of worship.”
When asked what were the chances of it reopening since the COVID situation in Meghalaya is grim, Rao informed that in the last meeting which was chaired by chief minister Conrad K Sangma the government had announced that the places of worship would reopen by the first week of October if situation improves. Rao added that that decision was a tentative one.
Concerning Khasi Jaintia Presbyterian Assembly (KJPA) going against the government to reopen these places even if the govt restricts, Rao said that he was unaware but was confident enough that the people will abide by the government orders.
It is to be mentioned that on September 7 the government had constituted a Joint Committee with representatives from the SAFF to facilitate re-examination of the SOPs.
- Sikkim logs 27 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- IIT-Delhi to offer BTech course in Energy Engineering from 2021 academic session
- Liquor worth Rs 720 crore sold in Bengal during Durga Puja
- Making NE a strong economic zone important: Meghalaya CM
- Meghalaya home minister allays fears regarding HNLC diktat
- Delhi residents can now check real-time availability of burial, cremation sites