Imphal: At least 96 more persons have tested positive for COVID-19 in Manipur in the last 24 hours, pushing the total confirmed cases of coronavirus to 7,971.
The latest cases which include 78 persons from the general population and 18 security personnel from the Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) were confirmed positive from RIMS RT PCR, JNIMS RT PCR and various other private and government hospitals, said additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
Of the 78 local cases, only twelve from Noney (3), Tamenglong (2), Churachandpur (4), Ukhrul (1) and Imphal West (2) are returnees from other states and remaining 66 are traced contacts with no travel history. They are reported from Imphal West (14), Imphal East (17), Thoubal (20), Churachandpur (6), Kangpokpi (1), Bishnupur (1), Chandel (5), Ukhrul (1) and Jiribam (1).
In the last 24 hours, there is no report of death related to COVID-19. Till date, the disease has claimed 46 lives.
Another 149 infected persons were recovered and discharged from CAPF and other COVID-19 care centers. The recovery rate in the state stands at 79.53 per cent.
The total recovered cases are 6,340 and active cases remained at 1,585, in which 1,283 are from the general population and 302 security personnel, as per the latest COVID-19 Common Control Room statement.
- Assam Rifles seize 240 bags of areca nuts worth over 46 lakh
- Sipajhar eviction drive: Police arrest photographer in video
- Assam is on state-sponsored fire: Rahul Gandhi on Sipajhar
- Sikkim reports 62 new COVID-19 cases, one more fatality
- Vaccine at home for differently-abled, people with restricted mobility: Govt
- Manipur: Tribal leader shot dead; Naga rights’ body condemns killing