Imphal:Troops of Assam Rifles under the aegis of HQ IGAR(s) recovered huge quantity of Brown Sugar worth Rs 2.14 crore in Manipur’s Tengnoupal district on Monday.
According to officials, personnel of Assam Rifles stopped a suspicious vehicle at Khudengthabi check-post on the Imphal-Moreh road. They had information that it was smuggling of drugs.
On thorough checking of the vehicle, they recovered 1.07 kg of Brown Sugar which was being transported from Moreh to Imphal.
Also Read: Breaking: Actress Rhea Chakraborty arrested in drug cartel probe
One individual identified as Paukhanmang Guite, 34, of Kamkhang village in Churachandpur district was arrested by the security forces in connection with trafficking of drugs.
The detained individual and the recovered items have been handed over to PS Moreh for further investigation, it said.
Also Read: Manipur: 2 persons accused in 2018 multi-crore drug case get bail
- Assam CM inaugurates, lays foundation for Rs 545-cr projects
- Navy’s car expedition covering ‘entire coastline’ flagged off from Kolkata
- What the stars do not have in store for you, as per your horoscope
- Bangladesh MP bats for border hospitals on lines of border haats
- Assam: APSC conducts CCE (Preliminary) exam in 31 districts
- Mizoram poll officials to visit Tripura over Bru migrants names deletion